The City Open Forum
home match streams - Printable Version

+- The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The COF (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: home match streams (/showthread.php?tid=339)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: home match streams - Tigermatty 2.0 - 06-10-2020

Credit where it’s due we bossed that, some very talented players in this team.

RE: home match streams - Citygull - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 10:00 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  My Dad couldn’t get it going but me and my brother no problem...Thanks to all that set this up, was Fantastic yo watch us and at meadow park.
Great performance, Daly,Gunning and Mclure stand outs for me with everyone else a solid 7.
Bailey pushing for a start,on fire!
Understand why Boston are so annoyed about Whittle- tenacious defender, makes himself available up and down the park and can finish like a 20 goal striker. Thought all 3 subs put in excellent cameos- nice to have genuine competition.  Mensah is class,  and Bailey now on 2 goals in about 45(or less ?) minutes of playing time  Great stuff.

RE: home match streams - Grey beard - 06-10-2020

Really enjoyed that to night good start ,good football at time's, good determination, good individual players playing as a team, three good goals, one bad laps of concertration. Good three point's ,on the whole a very good nights football.

RE: home match streams - Citygull - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 10:10 PM)Darran Wrote:  Very good 1st half and the first goal was a cracking move and finish. 2nd half was scrappy although probably an element of feeling like the job was done with them down to 10. Quality ball in for the 3rd and a great run and header to finish it off. All very promising and great to not have to have a thread like Saturday's. I will very happily transfer £30 across and I believe people in the chat on Twitch were asking how to donate so hopefully plenty did.

Well done to everyone who helped get the stream up especially as other clubs had issues. York had to cancel it and Dartford mentioned that they and others had big issues with their streams.
Yes... For a technophobe like me it worked amazingly well even though i didn't realise it was McLure who scored the second (thought it was Carline until ODG corrected me). From the Supporters Trust point of view we need to find ways of gearing up on the streaming to get extra income from it, including, hopefully, welcoming new members.  Anyone up for a virtual coach trip to Chorley on Saturday complete with the usual first goalscorer guesser?

RE: home match streams - Darran - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 10:26 PM)Citygull Wrote:  Yes... For a technophobe like me it worked amazingly well even though i didn't realise it was McLure who scored the second (thought it was Carline until ODG corrected me). From the Supporters Trust point of view we need to find ways of gearing up on the streaming to get extra income from it, including, hopefully, welcoming new members.  Anyone up for a virtual coach trip to Chorley on Saturday complete with the usual first goalscorer guesser?

It was great because I could use my chromecast to get it on the TV. Did anyone really care that there wasn't 4 camera's, replays and GFX? At the end of the day we had a working stream, which didn't cost a fortune and those clubs who were having people pay for a supposedly better product had issues tonight.

RE: home match streams - Prorsum Semper - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 10:39 PM)Darran Wrote:  It was great because I could use my chromecast to get it on the TV. Did anyone really care that there wasn't 4 camera's, replays and GFX? At the end of the day we had a working stream, which didn't cost a fortune and those clubs who were having people pay for a supposedly better product had issues tonight.
One camera was fine, hopefully will move to the other side on the halfway line, was wierd chatting to away supporters during a game as doesn’t happen often.

RE: home match streams - Neil - 06-10-2020

Is it available to rewatch? I was told that the mic picked up everything I was saying before the game!

RE: home match streams - Darran - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 11:13 PM)Neil Wrote:  Is it available to rewatch? I was told that the mic picked up everything I was saying before the game!

It seems not although there are loads of 30sec clips to view for some reason. I guess the goals might be on there.

RE: home match streams - Darran - 07-10-2020

Just seen Southport had issues with their stream as well and had to go onto you tube for the 2nd half.

RE: home match streams - Alex Petheram - 07-10-2020

Thanks everyone for the comments ... the streaming was a right royal pain to set up in truth ... I'm not sure how much cable we pulled in yesterday was there was miles and miles of it. I doubt we'll ever live stream from the media box or filming stand, as we'd need to install an internal fibre network around the pitch, which will costs big bucks ... Running normal cat6 cable that length has too much of a power (data) drop and we wouldn't have the data/ download speed ... We need to be as close to the main fibre incoming as possible hence the location last night ... sorry we can't afford a better back drop other then a timber fence ...

The stats from the game ... 852 views was the peek, with an avg 704 over the duration of the whole 3 hours (the 3 hours includes me messing around at the very start testing it) streaming ... Question, would you pay £7.99 for that? Season ticket holders will always be free.

Please don't expect me to comment on here regularly ... this is very much a special occasion ...

Nice to start the season with a win, see you soon, take care.

AP