Jordan Young

Don’t disagree TM or Dave but surely it’s the quality of those on the books that counts. If we need to bring in players of a better quality to ensure our survival then it has to happen even at the expense of a few “family favourites”

Looking at our results the 19 senior players aren't quite good enough at the moment.

I thought the squad was to big from the Start and even with that we started the season with 1 striker and half a defence.
I think we need 13/14 " quality/proven" players at this level
Made up with players like Danny King and loan signings.

(05-02-2022, 10:51 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  I thought the squad was to big from the Start and even with that we started the season with 1 striker and half a defence.
I think we need 13/14 " quality/proven" players at this level
Made up with players like Danny King and loan signings.

Correct on all all counts imo.

Only 4 subs last match, 2 of which were youth teamers with no first team experience, 1 a sub goalie, and 1 Dan King who is great but not yet proven at this level. Similar story in 2 previous games.

That is why in my opinion we do need replacements.

Yes we have players out injured and suspended, but that will always happen in football.

Mansell has been saying he has players he wants to bring in when talking about ringing the changes, so he obviously has (had?) ambitions to replace those departures.

I'm not paying the budget so it's not my decision, and 100% respect to those that do pay it. But I would suggest current form and bench weaknesses would suggest at any level of football that reinforcements might help.

So we effectively need two first elevens, to be able to cope with 6 injuries/suspensions to first XI players (like the current situation) and then field 5 subs and a starting XI with no academy players in sight? I think that might be asking a bit much

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

Joe, that's spot on. Even with Rowe at the helm we had a little depth of squad and when he left we started to look shaky even before he stole 4 of our best. Its a balancing act and the backers may just be trying to do enough to stay up this season and push on next. It's a big gamble and Farsley is a must win.

I still think it’s unrealistic to have six players out and then expect the starting team and bench to still be as strong as it was.

I think it’s all the more reason to go part time - it’s a reality of having professional players that they are less likely to play on through injuries if they know they are still getting paid.

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

I thought Hall a left back was brougt in to replace Galvin who was recalled to Sheffield.

(05-02-2022, 12:46 PM)Kengreen Wrote:  I thought Hall  a left back was brougt in to replace Galvin who was recalled to Sheffield.
He is