Friendlies

Just a reminder we'd have been starting our friendlies about now in normal times and also something of note, Evesham have released theirs for August and we're not on there!

A year ago tonight we were at Brimscombe

(09-07-2020, 09:55 PM)Neil Wrote:  Just a reminder we'd have been starting our friendlies about now in normal times and also something of note, Evesham have released theirs for August and we're not on there!

Praise the Lord!!!!!

Went to a pre season Evesham Utd / GCAFC game where we gave a trial to a French Central defender. Jean - Yves Koue Niate, who I thought did well in this game. Was not taken on and later went onto sign for Torquay Utd. (One that got away)? Has now left Torquay. Had wondered if a pre season match away against Evesham might have been a yearly fixture. Maybe we could have a match at Ledbury Town again? Have a cup of tea from a real mug. Or Malvern Town, wonderful backdrop of the Hills.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

My grandson plays for Ledbury Town in the Herefordshire County League. The pitch isn’t what it was 15 years ago and the team struggle to hold fixtures during the wet weather although in all fairness it is great to see these mud and thunder games. There are some dedicated people trying to keep the club running and you can get a great cup of tea at half time but times are hard and alas I believe the ground is in the hands of a developer. So with no where to go, time could be short for this old Club. You will no longer be able to see the ball boy climbing the ladder into the church yard to recover the balls kicked over on the right wing.
Malvern on the other hand is in ascension with its new 3G pitch and sky tv on 3 screens in the club house. I believe they will be running an U23s side in the Hellenic this season to compliment their first team. How times change.

Westfields would be a great pre season match, great ground a very good footballing side and it’s only 10 minutes from me!