Villa 1 City 1

One of the trialists scored the goal. Turns out our media person was at the game after all as well despite Alex saying he wouldn't be.

I was fortunate enough to be at the game however it was only confirmed this morning that I would be able to attend.

At the request of the hosts no updates were made during the game hence the only updates coming at full-time. I’m not sure why you felt the need to mention Alex on a thread that doesn’t involve him.

Back onto the topic of the thread. A good game to watch as both sides played some entertaining football. Villa looked the better side for the first 20 minutes. City grew into the game and had some chances in the first 45 but couldn’t quite convert them.

Our goal came from a well worked team move that resulted in a trialist placing his effort into the bottom right corner.

City arguably deserved to win as we had a few decent chances in the second half.

Team news first half
Cole
James
Whittle
Daly
Gunning
O’Sulivan
Robert
Carline
Asante
McClure
Mensah

Second half
Maher
Trialist
Pennell
James
Gunning
O’Sulivan
Robert
Carline
Asante
McClure
Mensah

Subs in the second half Trialist A, Trialist B, Trialist C,
Bremner,  Holliday.
Big Grin 

(05-09-2020, 08:31 PM)Darran Wrote:  One of the trialists scored the goal. Turns out our media person was at the game after all as well despite Alex saying he wouldn't be.

Do you think there will be any information about the game??
Thank you Isaac you posted just after I posted?

Thanks Isaac. Obviously still very early days but how's Asante looking?

Do the trialists have names that you can share?

(05-09-2020, 09:07 PM)Isaac Wrote:  I was fortunate enough to be at the game however it was only confirmed this morning that I would be able to attend.

At the request of the hosts no updates were made during the game hence the only updates coming at full-time. I’m not sure why you felt the need to mention Alex on a thread that doesn’t involve him.

Back onto the topic of the thread. A good game to watch as both sides played some entertaining  football. Villa looked the better side for the first 20 minutes. City grew into the game and had some chances in the first 45 but couldn’t quite convert them.

Our goal came from a well worked team move that resulted in a trialist placing his effort into the bottom right corner.

City arguably deserved to win as we had a few decent chances in the second half.

Team news first half
Cole
James
Whittle
Daly
Gunning
O’Sulivan
Robert
Carline
Asante
McClure
Mensah

Second half
Maher
Trialist
Pennell
James
Gunning
O’Sulivan
Robert
Carline
Asante
McClure
Mensah

Subs in the second half Trialist A, Trialist B, Trialist C,
Bremner,  Holliday.
Cheers Isaac,Who’s Bremner he has appeared a few games?
Without mentioning names,what did you think of the trialists?

Jamie Bremner is a young full back, I think he featured during pre-season last year as well but didn’t play competitively for us.

To answer a few questions.

Asante is looking very sharp, nearly got on the scoresheet today but saw his header well saved. Seems to be working well with McClure and Mensah.

I was impressed with all of the trialists, The one who scored for us today is different to what we currently having going forward so will be interesting to see him play in other pre-season games

I mentioned Alex because he said no media person was allowed to go and you then did. Did wonder if villa had put a media blackout on the game although quite why Alex didn’t just say this I don’t know. He’s not lying exactly but why doesn’t he just be honest and tell the exact truth. He’s so open in many regards and then decides to skirt around the truth in other topics.

(05-09-2020, 10:34 PM)Darran Wrote:  skirt

Bit sexist

10 out of 10 for footballing zen