Walk Out Song

*Changes everything I've played for the past 5 years and puts 2 hours of just Sweet Caroline and Abba on*  Big Grin

(14-12-2020, 09:42 AM)Joe Wrote:  Perfect. Keep it for a month or two I reckon.

Maybe Eye of the Tiger after that...
I think this season would be a great opportunity to trial different songs each game and then have a fans vote at the end of the season. Ones relating to returning home have a short shelf-life in my opinion and as for Eye of the Tiger, I’m afraid I’m bored of that now and will we always be the tigers anyway?

Always thought it would be good to have our own song like Man City have Blue Moon, and for it to become a terrace chant. Best way to achieve this is before all the thousands of new fans turn up. Let's get that City song chosen and belted out now, and others can follow as they join us.

I just can't think what

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

(14-12-2020, 02:13 PM)SHANDY LOVE MACHINE Wrote:  Always thought it would be good to have our own song like Man City have Blue Moon, and for it to become a terrace chant. Best way to achieve this is before all the thousands of new fans turn up. Let's get that City song chosen and belted out now, and others can follow as they join us.

I just can't think what

This, this times a thousand. It's something we've all spoken about dozens of times before.

I like the song that the local band sang with the MP video - Where are all the good times gone? - but maybe it is a bit downbeat and doesn't lend itself to easy lyrics. Unless it can be tweaked.

I reckon there's some better options out there, just needs us to get our thinking caps on.

I'M SO EXCITED, I'M CITY AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT
WE'RE JUST ABOUT TO SCORE A GOAL AND I THINK I LIKE IT!

(One off song not anthem)

I'm sticking with Gloucester band Demob's 'No Room for You'. Johnny Melfah's drum intro is just the ticket for the team to run out to...if not Demob perhaps another local band. Lynval Golding of The Specials grew up in Gloucester ( possibly slightly tenuous...). Or possibly an Ivor Gurney composition for people challenged by thrash guitars...

Where have all the good times gone

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

Not my thing, but 'Unbelievable' by EMF. FoD band - apart from Ian Dench who went to Crypt School. Band used to practice ( with many of us others) at Time Out studios in Gloucester Docks (as it was back in the 80s).

Needs to be well known, short, catchy and with appropriate words.

Difficult.

(14-12-2020, 02:24 PM)SHANDY LOVE MACHINE Wrote:  I like the song that the local band sang with the MP video - Where are all the good times gone? - but maybe it is a bit downbeat and doesn't lend itself to easy lyrics. Unless it can be tweaked.

I reckon there's some better options out there, just needs us to get our thinking caps on.

I'M SO EXCITED, I'M CITY AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT
WE'RE JUST ABOUT TO SCORE A GOAL AND I THINK I LIKE IT!

(One off song not anthem)

Shandy you have plainly got to much time on your hands lol ? luv it to bits.