Stadium Update - 16th August

(16-08-2020, 02:47 PM)Neil Wrote:  Is that comparable to other pitches around the City?

It's at the top end, but considering it's a top quality pitch in a stadium, and in a central location I think that's fair enough.

Not sure how much demand there is for full pitch hire, but if the club do thirds or halves at a fair rate it'll fill up quickly no doubt. Takes a bit of logistics with smaller goals and dividing nets/cones though. Could even run a 5 a side league there and make even more (with more logistics!).

A positive update all round.

Dave are there any plans to protect the windows from football's or even people trying to break it to the club house?
Its been broken into when it was the old  MP club house+ the old club house at the old fielding's and plats club was also broken in to twice I think?so  now that the club  Windows are now at ground level it will be easy to break in?I don't  want the club to become a target .

(16-08-2020, 03:52 PM)Joe Wrote:  It's at the top end, but considering it's a top quality pitch in a stadium, and in a central location I think that's fair enough.

Not sure how much demand there is for full pitch hire, but if the club do thirds or halves at a fair rate it'll fill up quickly no doubt. Takes a bit of logistics with smaller goals and dividing nets/cones though. Could even run a 5 a side league there and make even more (with more logistics!).

A positive update all round.
Would be a mistake to only hire out the full pitch when a lot more could be made by the two half’s.

I think there will be absolutely no problem with demand at that price. I may even hire the pitch for an hour, take a camping table, order a couple of beers from Dave and sit in the centre circle and take in the atmosphere.

It will be the best place to watch the match.

Well done all, almost there........

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

Thank you AP for another very positive weekly report!

Just seen another update from Alex, looks great, well impressive, looks like something from a video game,Cant wait to see with goals and lines etc

I know the lower fencing is in to ensure line of sight for disability seating, but it looks like a trip hazard to me. Seems reasonably foreseeable that someone could trip on it and injure themselves.

A metre of yellow painted hatching alongside it to ensure no one walks there should do the trick

Not on the new grass it won’t, if it’s being rented out it needs something that side too

(17-08-2020, 03:10 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  I know the lower fencing is in to ensure line of sight for disability seating, but it looks like a trip hazard to me. Seems reasonably foreseeable that someone could trip on it and injure themselves.

Fair point but it is at least two metres from the pitch and almost 3 from the seats. Its more a demarcation barrier than anything else. Got the nod from the FA I believe.