Euro 2022

We're showing the QF tonight in the bar

I have a horrible feeling we are going to exit tonight.

This was billed as the likely final prior to the tournament, and although Spain are missing a couple of key players and have been underwhelming so far, I think they are due to come good. England like to play a quick tempo, so I see Spain just keeping possession, drawing our sting, tiring our players out in the heat and then wallop. Counter attack.

0-1 Sad

(20-07-2022, 12:56 PM)I’m SHANDY LOVE MACHINE Wrote:  I have a horrible feeling we are going to exit tonight.

This was billed as the likely final prior to the tournament, and although Spain are missing a couple of key players and have been underwhelming so far, I think they are due to come good. England like to play a quick tempo, so I see Spain just keeping possession, drawing our sting, tiring our players out in the heat and then wallop. Counter attack.

0-1 Sad

Comfortable victory I reckon. England have looked a class above any of their rivals from what I’ve seen. 

4-1 Smile

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

Circumstances mean we can't be at the TT tonight. However, the lucky shirts that have seen us through for a while are on, the lucky flag is in the window and we're ready to go. Before a ball was kicked we thought this would be where the draw would take us and that it may very well be the toughest challenge we'll face. Have total faith in every single person in the squad, totally sure we are the best side...but to win tournaments you also need a bit of good fortune too and that we cannot control. The noise and atmosphere at The Ammex last time was superb. If anything it was even noisier at Southampton. Tonight's going to be a bit special.

I just love that team. Yeeeeeedssssss

(20-07-2022, 12:56 PM)SHANDY LOVE MACHINE Wrote:  I have a horrible feeling we are going to exit tonight.

0-1 Sad

Oh ye of little faith!

Nearly burst my staples when that winner went in!

Excellent, delighted to be proved wrong although at 82 minutes I was wondering why I hadn't lobbed a pony at Ladbrokes on my prediction. Glad to see you're catching the bug Dave!

Predictions for tonight then?

I’m going for a 3-0 England victory.

3-1 to England but with the game being v close until we'll into the second half

2-0 England with two very early goals