Blyth

(20-08-2022, 06:12 PM)Gladfans Wrote:  As I put on the Darlington thread - it will be interesting to read any posts from those that went. No way of judging from the commentary- if that is what it was.

True, can't remember one. that bad ever , Trying to be clever I suppose but failed miserably  Sleepy

(20-08-2022, 07:09 PM)Citygull Wrote:  Apart from the 'Nash' in March.
You spotted the deliberate mistake

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

Let’s put this into context. Did the team travel up today? If so, imo difficult to perform after a 5 hour journey. Also, again imo, we did not put out such a strong team as we did on Tuesday. If we did travel today, bearing in mind it is the furthest ground to get to, why didn’t we stay over last night? Clearly a change from last season when if my memory serves me correct the team had a couple of stop overs. Maybe I will be proved wrong ?

I believe they did stay over. Also I believe we haven’t won a match after an overnight stay since truro in 2018.

How was todays team weaker than Tuesday?

Worrying that Leads has joined the injury list along with JJ and Nuge. Let's hope it's nothing serious.

JJ started today didn’t he?

(20-08-2022, 08:41 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  JJ started today didn’t he?
Yes (at least according to Twitter).. my mistake. That's a relief.

Apparently his was ill and couldn’t play on Tuesday.

Back home now. Honestly I've no idea where todays performance came from after Tuesday. Sion was missing I assume he was injured JJ and Lucas played from the start. After 30 minutes we were in control, without any real chances. When Leadbitter went off that was it. Mentally something seemed to change. We were a different team. We offered nothing of significance. Second half, I'll have to watch the Diggie shambles for their first again. He seemed to stop and do nothing. Was there a shout from the keeper? I don't know but it was embarrassing. That's after 30 minutes one of the Blyth fans commenting how powerful he looked. No supply to McClure. A tame JJ attempt at some point. Blyth well deserved the win. Their fans were gracious. It was a long day out and still enjoyable if you don't count the football we offered which is surely the point. Early days, but this season's outcome is well and truly in the mixer with performances like that. If we can only perform on plastic and not on grass we're stuffed. A good night's sleep might bring some perspective. The team travelled up the day before and were back before us. It will be interesting to see what LM made of it.

PS.
Mittford was either carrying a knock, mentally something is up, had been for a good night down the toon or lazy. If he heard us or not I don't know, but fans encouraged him to move a bit more but nothing seemed to change .Hopefully I'm not telling tales, but somebody said when asked by Dawson to get forward they saw he told him to F_Off. Apologies to him if there was some deep personal reason for this, but there you go.

(20-08-2022, 03:54 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  Worst commentary I’ve heard at this level, they haven’t actually been describing what’s going on, just a lot of orgasmic sounding oohs and ahhs
I was listening to the commentary. Did dip in and out of it after a while. They did not think much of our Red and bit of Orange shirt (as they more or less said). Agree it was difficult to know what was going on at times.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.