Programme

Perhaps there could be a regular tannoy announcement before the game reminding people to please use the bins provided and help our gallant volunteers. Provide two bins by the exit for plastic and cans, (I'll pick a loose one up on the way if I see it) and slowly things might change. Build it first and there's no excuse. I'll get off my soap box now, we're not the totalitarian state of FGR.

Would it be helpful to have volunteers post-match to pick up cans and plastics bottles, or would they get in the way of the broader clean-up operation? 

I’d be willing.

(28-08-2022, 10:34 AM)TP1 Wrote:  Would it be helpful to have volunteers post-match to pick up cans and plastics bottles, or would they get in the way of the broader clean-up operation? 

I’d be willing.
That’s what’s already happening, it’s very much grab a bag and volunteer.

A recent report by Keep Britain Tidy found that only 30% of people in Britain think littering is a problem. No amount of extra bins, in different colours, with regular signage and frequent PA announcements is going to change the fact that some people are, how can we put it, scum?
It’s society’s problem that just happens to occur in the confines of the stadium and then becomes the ‘responsibility’ of those kind enough to volunteer their time and effort picking up after others.

(28-08-2022, 10:46 AM)T-End is in sight Wrote:  That’s what’s already happening, it’s very much grab a bag and volunteer.
Ok, cool, I’ll get involved

(28-08-2022, 11:08 AM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  A recent report by Keep Britain Tidy found that only 30% of people in Britain think littering is a problem. No amount of extra bins, in different colours, with regular signage and frequent PA announcements is going to change the fact that some people are, how can we put it, scum?
It’s society’s problem that just happens to occur in the confines of the stadium and then becomes the ‘responsibility’ of those kind enough to volunteer their time and effort picking up after others.
I take your point but I think you're missing the point I was trying to make. Provide a couple of bins for the 30 percent of us so we have an option. Simples.

(28-08-2022, 11:19 AM)Mr.Magoo Wrote:  I take your point but I think you're missing the point I was trying to make. Provide a couple of bins for the 30 percent of us so we have an option. Simples.
There are bins?!

For my plastic bottles to be recycled?

Which people will chuck food etc into, which will then have to be sorted through by volunteers or go down as mixed waste anyway. It’s more cost that the club can’t afford which doesn’t excuse other peoples behaviour.

(27-08-2022, 08:02 PM)Neil Wrote:  If you think about it, season ticket holders wouldn't walk into the ground and get a free programme too, they'd have to pay for it. I'm a season ticket holder and also a supporters club member so I'm paying extra on top of my ST.

Likewise supporter club members wouldn’t walk into the ground and get a free programme!!!!