Start of training.

Great pictures Neil. I to can remember Tony climbing the pylons to try and fix the lights. I seem to remember they were expensive to replace and you could only buy a certain number ( 10 I think) . Hopefully LED lights won’t need changing frequently- also the new pylons are hinged so no one has to climb them for maintenance.

(03-07-2020, 06:24 AM)Gladfans Wrote:  Great pictures Neil. I to can remember Tony climbing the pylons to try and fix the lights. I seem to remember they were expensive to replace and you could only buy a certain number ( 10 I think) . Hopefully LED lights won’t need changing frequently- also the new pylons are hinged so no one has to climb them for maintenance.
Copy that Gladfans .?So sorry to hear tony passed away he was a nice and funny man we had a lot of laughs together, still if he was still doing the lights he would have been glad that the pylons were hinged. They look great, just can't wait to see them working? Cheaper to run now with led lamps as well I think? Still another job completed or nearly and the ground that much closer completion ? Well done to all.

(03-07-2020, 06:24 AM)Gladfans Wrote:  Great pictures Neil. I to can remember Tony climbing the pylons to try and fix the lights. I seem to remember they were expensive to replace and you could only buy a certain number ( 10 I think) . Hopefully LED lights won’t need changing frequently- also the new pylons are hinged so no one has to climb them for maintenance.
Neil looking at the new pylons for the light's and then looking at your old pic's of the old light's going up it looked as if the new one's looked at least a third bigger until I remembered that the ground level is now higher by  at least three or fore metres? Alex said the new pylons were 20 metres was the old the same ? What is going to happen to the old pylons could they be re used say for car park  lighting .

Grey Beard - they are still in situ one can only hope that common sense might prevail ( at additional cost of course). Not sure on the height of the new ones albeit they seem a bit higher.

(03-07-2020, 05:07 PM)Gladfans Wrote:  Grey Beard - they are still in situ one can only hope that common sense might prevail ( at additional cost of course). Not sure on the height of the new ones albeit they seem a bit higher.
Gladfans I know that the car park all ready had a flood light  for the T -END but don't know if it's still there? If the pylons are still up be hind the Bell end they are in a good position .I don't know what cost would be ?  Two LED lamp's and a role of cable and someone that knows what there doing?Or it might be  just as easy to put LED lamps to the back of the T-END and the bell  end stand's  and sell the pylons to some other club ? Just a thought.

The EFL are working to a start date of 29th August or 12th September.