Saturday vs Blyth

(21-01-2024, 09:01 PM)Kitto Wrote:  I don't understand why he took Beresford off, we needed him and Robinson on together.

I thought at the time he had no speed, carrying an injury?

There are no strangers here, only friends you have not met yet!

(21-01-2024, 09:21 PM)Exiled Wrote:  .

I thought at the time he had no speed, carrying an injury?
I'd say he looked fairly sluggish and ineffective. Could simply be a lack of service/an off day, but also wouldn't surprise me if he was carrying a knock.

(21-01-2024, 02:43 PM)Neil m Wrote:  What were they working on? I get long term they had ideas but.......   Hiring a manager with a poor track record but a prem league winner?  Signing over the hill players on long contracts? Not resigning any of last seasons squad.  Im not buying it was because we went part time because many of them are now at part time clubs!!!!  Every week i saw nicki sweating and looking worried whilst Pat swooned around with his clip board!!! (My opinion, im entitled too it!!) Hopefilully AP has some cash as its getting harder to stay up but still possible

I think they had no chance of signing any of last seasons players because of what happened with them last season. People wanted Alex back because they thought things would change but nothing has changed.

(21-01-2024, 09:57 PM)Darran Wrote:  People wanted Alex back because they thought things would change but nothing has changed.

I think this is the main reason for the frustration and simmering discontent that exists amongst the fanbase. I was ambivalent about the Chambers but was prepared to wait it out and see what happened. I’m equally ambivalent about AP’s return and am keeping my expectations low.

(20-01-2024, 09:49 PM)Paul Wrote:  We weren't outclassed, but we lacked incisiveness upfront - we never looked like cutting through their defence. Why weren't the new signings brought on earlier? Theo showed promise but the service to him was poor. Time and again our crosses went straight into the arms of their (very tall) keeper. 

Have seen City play far worse in previous seasons , but those were blips, whereas this season our results are consistently poor.

I don't think it's MC. It's the result of a slashed budget, the appointment of Flowers and let's face it, dinosaur tactics at the start of the season, and the appointment of a squad that was never up to this level. No one wants to play for us and/or we can't compete with other clubs money.

The worst of it for me is having watched City survive in this league since promotion in 2009 and all of the years in exile  - and an expectation that we were going to the next level on our return, that we've been shafted by very poor decisions - that had advice been heeded by the person at the top, would likely not have happened. 

As it is, Southern League here we come...
Haven't been able to attend any games at the TT this season what so ever ,but I believe this season we are going to be relegated for sure and that's is due entirely down to a lack of  leadership plus any kind of leadership or structure at the football club what so ever for many many years 
Nothing is going to change  at this club until a way is found to run this club on a sound and professional way that fans deserve at this club from the top down ? One thing that is defenatly going to change next season is we will be playing back in the Southern League . What a shame so many chances missed on our return to Gloucester,

There seems to have been damage done by players bad mouthing the club from last seasons exit, clearly there are reasons for this but whatever league we are in next season something needs to change to progress the club forward and move on again after the abysmal season we ate currently in.