City time capsule

?Reviving this thread as I cannot remember the contents of the old one.

The time capsule has arrived, and its a beauty! I also have a time machine arriving last week.

Looking at the size of it I'm thinking of filling it with:

• City programme (for King's Lynn game? - Trev?)
  • City shirt (cannot remember who offered, sorry - which one?)
  • Ray's flag
  • Matt Phillips Meadow Park opening game programme
  • Copy of this week's Citizen
  • Copy of National paper
  • A foreward by yours truly

I'll not be at the Blyth game Saturday, but should be there for King's Lynn on Monday. Would it be OK for those contributing to leave stuff with the club shop and I'll collect on Monday, fill, seal and present to Alex? I can collect outside the game if you're not going to either (or forget)

Any other ideas, I think we might get a bit more in.

Anyone got any spare silica gel packets?

I am storing all the club's programmes until we get back and have a new club shop. Not sure who would know or whose decision it would be but shall I include a programme from the last game played at Meadow Park.

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

This is the Shirts that I have. (All in Good Condition, all short sleeved). Choose One of these if you wish.

GCAFC Home Shirt, 97/98. (With Tiger on the back).
    GCAFC Home Shirt, 02/03 - 03/04?. Nike Shirt.
    GCAFC Home Shirt. Yellow/Black Stripes. Errea Shirt.
    GCAFC Away Shirt. Sky Blue. Olbas Sponsor. Joma Shirt.

I could give to the Club Shop at the Blyth Spartans Home Game on Saturday?

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

Thanks Andrew - whichever is the most recent one would be ace. I'll pick up at Monday's game - dependent on whether club shop are happy for it to be left there.

As long as it's vac packed and whoever drops it off wears marigolds and a gasmask.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

Ironically if I have any symptoms, and seal them up unwittingly in the time capsule, I could also be preserving the germs for a future generation assuming the virus can live that long in ground conditions. I might stick a warning on the capsule. Feels like a film idea to me.

Alex - if for any reason I need to delay handing over on Monday (only to make sure I have enough decent material), what is the latest you need for the capsule. What are your plans in terms of where to bury, and announcing its existence by a plaque or suchlike. Are you OK with me printing off your blog and including, to show progress of the stadium.

Also, do you mind me arranging for a Shamen to attend the burying ceremony to put a curse on anyone who digs it up earlier than the stadium demolition (sorry, I know you haven't even finished building yet!)

You can print off whatever you want, try and tippex out the spelling mistakes!

If you get the time capsule to Dave Jones he'll make sure I get it if you can't ever locate me at a game. 

AP

OK - I have made an executive decision, as I am a man of action. An Action Man.

Given that there is unlikely to be any matches for the foreseeable future I'm going to go ahead and fill up this cyclindrical behemoth, tout de suite. I realise its not the most important thing going on at the moment but life goes on and projects like this are a distraction. I'd rather I get this done and buried before I am.

Alex - I will get this done, sealed and with you over the next few days. I can bring this to you if you are in the Gloucester area, or otherwise who do you suggest I give it to. I assume that works will be continuing on the stadium so I hope it will be practicable to bury. If not, or you are having second thoughts about this then let me know, and I'll pop over the fence one night with a spade.

Matt Phillips has provided me with a shirt (stand down Andrew B - but thank you for the offer) and the opening Meadow Park programme, I will try and get the last programme from Trev King, and will include the other things I have mentioned in the opening post which I can source myself.

Got the Message regarding the GCAFC shirt. Well done on doing this Project, hope you can get the Items you need, to make it an interesting GCAFC Time Capsule.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

A mere trifle at the moment, but an interesting distraction all the same.

I filled the capsule at the beginning of the week with the following:

Programme for first game at Meadow Park (Thanks Matt Phillips)
Selected programmes from notable games (eg First game in Conference North)
Copy of the Weekend 'i' newspaper
Copy of 'Citizen' newspaper
Copy of 'Non-League Weekly'
An OS map of the Gloucester area circa 2010
A picture of a monkey smoking a cigar, wearing a thong.
Latest updated Stadium Build Blog
A foreward by your truly.
My taxidermied dog Rasputin's left paw.
A couple of packets of silica gel.

It's a beauty! - and is now screwed together and tied up in a sturdy garden bin liner ready for either burying at the stadium over the next days until lockdown - if it is convenient - or will stay up in my attic and we can try and do something at a more opportune time.

Whenever it does get opened, I hope many years from now, it will be really interesting piece of history for both the club and everyone else, as last weekend saw a sudden realisation of our current situation, and this is reflected in the papers I've put in.

As well as the programmes in the capsule Matt has also donated a number of other ones from the late naughties to the boxes of programmes I am currently holding for the club shop. No shortage of reading material if I need it!

(21-03-2020, 12:16 PM)SHANDY LOVE MACHINE Wrote:  A mere trifle at the moment, but an interesting distraction all the same.

I filled the capsule at the beginning of the week with the following:

Programme for first game at Meadow Park (Thanks Matt Phillips)
Selected programmes from notable games (eg First game in Conference North)
Copy of the Weekend 'i' newspaper
Copy of 'Citizen' newspaper
Copy of 'Non-League Weekly'
An OS map of the Gloucester area circa 2010
A picture of a monkey smoking a cigar, wearing a thong.
Latest updated Stadium Build Blog
A foreward by your truly.
My taxidermied dog Rasputin's left paw.
A couple of packets of silica gel.

It's a beauty! - and is now screwed together and tied up in a sturdy garden bin liner ready for either burying at the stadium over the next days until lockdown - if it is convenient - or will stay up in my attic and we can try and do something at a more opportune time.

Whenever it does get opened, I hope many years from now, it will be really interesting piece of history for both the club and everyone else, as last weekend saw a sudden realisation of our current situation, and this is reflected in the papers I've put in.

As well as the programmes in the capsule Matt has also donated a number of other ones from the late naughties to the boxes of programmes I am currently holding for the club shop. No shortage of reading material if I need it!

Good job Shandy.
Too think that maybe in another 100 years further City fans will be on a forum talking about this part of our history is quite amazing.