When is it a new ground

Citygull's recent post about Bournemouth still playing at the same ground got me thinking about when a ground becomes a new ground. They rebuilt their stadium, rotating the pitch by 90° and renaming it. Is it still the stadium. I think Spurs are generally assumed to have moved, but (I think) there new stadium overlaps White Hart Lane.

Do we still play at the same ground as we did from 1986 to 2007?

(12-02-2021, 11:24 AM)redshift Wrote:  Citygull's recent post about Bournemouth still playing at the same ground got me thinking about when a ground becomes a new ground. They rebuilt their stadium, rotating the pitch by 90° and renaming it. Is it still the stadium. I think Spurs are generally assumed to have moved, but (I think) there new stadium overlaps White Hart Lane.

Is Trigger’s broom still the same broom?

Personally, I see it as New Meadow Park. It has moved slightly forward in relation to where the previous pitch/ground was. A new height for the new ground with a new pitch, stands. But there are old meadow park within the new ground, the existing clubhouse and the old T-End at the end of the 2nd car park.
   Could be New Meadow Park, meets parts of Old Meadow Park.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

(12-02-2021, 11:24 AM)redshift Wrote:  Citygull's recent post about Bournemouth still playing at the same ground got me thinking about when a ground becomes a new ground. They rebuilt their stadium, rotating the pitch by 90° and renaming it. Is it still the stadium. I think Spurs are generally assumed to have moved, but (I think) there new stadium overlaps White Hart Lane.

I contacted Futbology in the summer, which used to be the Groundhopper App, and they consider New Meadow Park as a new ground and we've had plenty of visits from groundhoppers. It's a very grey area with some grounds though I agree!

Not only did the ground move north but it also moved up. It's new.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

My interpretation is that if the main structures are flattened and rebuilt in one fell swoop then it's new.  Spurs, Bournemouth and Gloucester I would consider new grounds.

Improvements and bit by bit build-ups I wouldn't consider a new ground, a la Whaddon Road where since 1998 one side and one end have been knocked down and completely rebuilt, and the other end has had extensive improvement - but you wouldn't say it's a new ground.

Meadow Park High

Sounds like a school.

Get my coat