£11m from the Goverment

Has there been anything further from the National Lottery? They gave £10m in funding to NL/NLN/NLS clubs from October up to this month. The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport said that emergency financial support would be available following this - so assume the loan scenario is it, and won't go down well with the majority of clubs. Are National League able to negotiate for more National Lottery funding or is that a daft question to ask?

We've had nothing since December.

AP

(15-01-2021, 03:29 PM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  We've had nothing since December.

AP
Have the National Lottery been approached - or is that something individual clubs wouldn't  have any knowledge of if National League were speaking to them? I'm assuming the National Lottery £10m was a one off lifeline and not something that could be revisited?

The only thing I can do with the lottery is buy a lucky dip ticket and cross my fingers.

AP

Survey out to the clubs today it seems. Saw a terrible lack of leadership somewhere, outside our club, that there is so much uncertainty.

It seems to me that the Blazer brigade of the National League FA et al should be leading this not the AP’s of this world. Call me old fashioned if you like.

(15-01-2021, 05:15 PM)Gladfans Wrote:  It seems to me that the Blazer brigade of the National League FA et al should be leading this not the AP’s of this world. Call me old fashioned if you like.
I'd assumed that they are and that there is a due process being followed. But. As I read it, the previous allocation by the National Lottery was managed by the National League who didn't follow Government guidance and allocate on the basis of lost game receipts but chose their own method of allocation and adopted " a central-funding type ration of 60-20-20, giving the top division clubs three times as much as lower division clubs regardless of their gate receipt losses". 

It's the National League who are at fault - and they've been criticised in an independent review. Given that NLN has some clubs with attendances comparable to NL the allocation is a nonsense. Can understand the calls for the NL Chair to resign. But will he...and would it make any difference...More men in blazers?

(15-01-2021, 05:15 PM)Gladfans Wrote:  It seems to me that the Blazer brigade of the National League FA et al should be leading this not the AP’s of this world. Call me old fashioned if you like.

Didn't the league chairman get an MBE??

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(15-01-2021, 07:55 PM)Neil Wrote:  Didn't the league chairman get an MBE??

He did. And when the league tweeted about it they turned replies off. Says it all.

(15-01-2021, 07:55 PM)Neil Wrote:  Didn't the league chairman get an MBE??
It was an OBE.
Interestingly, the chairman of the National Lottery owner Camelot is the chair of the sport honours committee and a former MP.