1Year of James Rowe

Think it’s safe to say James will never forget his first year as a number 1,From being in a relegation battle, re modeling a whole new team, international pandemic to top of the league and unbeaten, it’s been some journey,I’m sure everyone had doubts that he might have been a Todd 2 but what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and he took a fair bit of criticism (on here aswell)and got through it,fair play to the board for staying strong and backing him aswell,I always remember hearing how Alex Ferguson was one game away from being sacked at Man U and the rest is history as they say....
Well done James on your first year,I for one am convinced that you will have a fair few successful  years here which will hopefully set you on your way to an even bigger future,hopefully leaving a legacy here.
P.S- I know a few enjoy an ugly 1-0 win but I’m quite happy with a 4-1 and conceding every game!

As you say PS, it's been a year of two halves - first part poor with some signs of green shoots just before lockdown.

Second part - poor start (Christchurch), but magic from then up to now.

It means that our hearts expect more of the same as the season goes on, but the brain says it can't continue unabated, especially when suspensions and injuries start to kick in.

However, I'm enjoying the ride apart from not being able to watch City in person. Just keep it going James.

When James Rowe came, he made some changes to the team. Out went the likes of Sam Avery and Joe Parker, in came Liam Daly and Bernard Mensah. I was wondering if it was going to be Chris Todd 2, as more players came in and the team looked like a load of strangers.
We had an away game at Bradford Park Avenue which I went to. The team seemed to be improving, we won 2-1 and at the end of the game, James Rowe came up to us and shaked hands / hugged people. It was then that I had a change of opinion, I felt that maybe he could do something at the Club.
We had an away match at Kettering Town where we drew 1-1. We looked more like a team, Bernard Mensah was looking good. Perhaps we could have a good finish to the season.
Then Covid 19 halted the World.
We were to later on during the year have a renewed image of the Club. The Manager and First Team went to a Full Time Model. Players that were with us, Joe Hanks, Spencer Hamilton, Marlon Jackson left to continue with there main jobs and semi professional football. In came big signings Alex Whittle (Boston United), Asante (Chester FC), George Carline (Solihull Moors). Early FA Cup exit disappointment, was to later be replaced with amazement that after around 8 league games, we are top of the league, unbeaten, top goalscorers.
A good first year James, team has quality in all departments. Keep up with the good work that you have done.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

I think we need to look at the whole picture ... for example ...

We train three days a week ... we've full time staff, full time players, an academy, a home! The list is endless ... Take today for example with our very own Mr Angel ...

He was at the ground at 07:00 making the players lunch for the coach trip and there evening meal for the trip home. Tuesday is the same ... he will even travel with the team Tuesday I think to support and feed them ... my point is the full time nature of the club now is night and day different to this time last year ... and this time next year Rodney ... ha ha Smile

AP

(21-11-2020, 06:36 PM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  I think we need to look at the whole picture ... for example ...

We train three days a week ... we've full time staff, full time players, an academy, a home! The list is endless ... Take today for example with our very own Mr Angel ...

He was at the ground at 07:00 making the players lunch for the coach trip and there evening meal for the trip home. Tuesday is the same ... he will even travel with the team Tuesday I think to support and feed them ... my point is the full time nature of the club now is night and day different to this time last year ... and this time next year Rodney ... ha ha Smile

AP

6.45am Big Grin

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

(21-11-2020, 07:00 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  6.45am Big Grin

Make sure you get that overtime claim in  Big Grin

(21-11-2020, 07:11 PM)Eric Van Der Floof Wrote:  Make sure you get that overtime claim in  Big Grin

I was done and dusted by 10am!

(21-11-2020, 07:25 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  I was done and dusted by 10am!
What do they get in their lunchboxes?

(21-11-2020, 07:52 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  What do they get in their lunchboxes?

Raw meat! Smile

(21-11-2020, 07:59 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  Raw meat! Smile
That coach toilet is gonna be taking a hammering during the 5hrs home!