On this day

17th April 1995.

C********m Town 1 - 1 Gloucester City.
               (Beazer Homes Premier)

Hopefully this Look Back, will bring a smile to Neil's face. City travelled to arch rivals C********m Town, for this league fixture. A crowd of 2691 was at Whaddon Road, to watch the Robins v Tigers match.
During this season, City signed striker David Holmes from Gresley Rovers. It was Holmes that scored Gloucester's goal, in this 1 - 1 draw.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

25th April 2009.

Hemel Hempstead Town 2 - 1 Gloucester City
                          (Southern League Premier)

It seems strange that on this day, 15 years ago, Gloucester City were playing their Final Southern League Premier Division fixture.
City travelled to Hemel Hempstead, where a crowd of 684 came to watch. Gloucester lost 2 - 1, striker Jack Pitcher scoring Gloucester's final goal, in the Southern League Premier.
Gloucester went onto compete in, and win, the playoffs. Gaining Promotion to National League North.
We now embark on a return to Southern League Premier Division football.

(25-04-2024, 01:04 PM)Andrew B Wrote:  25th April 2009.

Hemel Hempstead Town 2 - 1 Gloucester City
                          (Southern League Premier)

It seems strange that on this day, 15 years ago, Gloucester City were playing their Final Southern League Premier Division fixture.
City travelled to Hemel Hempstead, where a crowd of 684 came to watch. Gloucester lost 2 - 1, striker Jack Pitcher scoring Gloucester's final goal, in the Southern League Premier.
Gloucester went onto compete in, and win, the playoffs. Gaining Promotion to National League North.
We now embark on a return to Southern League Premier Division football.
I remember walking out the ground after and overheard two of their supporters say "they'll never do anything in the play offs"

Similar, 94th minute at Farnborough, two old bastards chuntering to each other, "They'll come straight back down"...

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(25-04-2024, 05:55 PM)Neil Wrote:  Similar, 94th minute at Farnborough, two old bastards chuntering to each other, "They'll come straight back down"...

Ditto at Southport, the first game the following season, in the National League North. We lost 3 - 2, we were in the Bar afterwards. I overheard a Southport supporter saying to his mate, 'they won't last 5 minutes in this league '.

1st May 1997.

Baldock Town 2 - 3 Gloucester City.
             (Beazer Homes Premier).

Gloucester City travelled to Baldock Town, for this league fixture, which was being played on a Thursday Night. City had league fixtures in hand, to catch up on. A crowd of 301 was in attendance, to see City win the match, 3 - 2.
Steve Ferguson, the striker turned defender (or the other way round), opened up the scoring for Gloucester. Dave Webb, the midfielder, who had scored around 14 goals for City this season, scored the second. Then Paul Adcock, the striker who was lower down the striker pecking order, behind Dale Watkins, Adie Mings, David Holmes, scored City's third.

I was at that game and can remember Adcock's goal, with just minutes to go and from the edge of the box, 18 or 20yds, into the top corner. That kept our promotion hopes alive but sadly condemned Baldock to relegation from which they never recovered.

A sign of the times with technology. My brother was there for Radio Glos. I was being kept upto date when he phoned me on his BBC mobile phone, I then phoned Russell Price with the updates.

People don't know how good they've got it these days!

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php