NLS Watch

(25-04-2024, 08:21 PM)Paul Wrote:  A tale of two clubs. Both intent on bouncing back into NLS/N. Both (us & them) have thrown money at getting promoted and both previously managed by Steven King: https://shorturl.at/adjsD
Same tale, different clubs. I still feel like we can bounce right back with the right moves before the start of this upcoming season. Things are already looking better in the club leadership side.

Weston sign a mid fielder from relegated Dartford.
I can't see us signing players from NL certainly not from Dartford, I wonder if they're paying accommodation or a job, hell of a commute.
Oh well life in the SLP ehhh.

Got him a job on the pier.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

Maybe he’s a donkey.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

(28-04-2024, 09:58 PM)Darran Wrote:  NLS certainly better than the NLN this season from the many games I have watched from both leagues. I reckon Worthing would have won the NLN if they had been in it. They have been well funded and had a very good manager who is now at York.
Worthing lost to Braintree in the final. Not that we'll be troubling either team next season.

(07-05-2024, 02:04 PM)Paul Wrote:  Worthing lost to Braintree in the final. Not that we'll be troubling either team next season.

They did although they were unlucky to do so from what I saw of the game. Certainly they were well in control in extra time but so poor defending allowed Braintree to score from pretty much their only chance.

(07-05-2024, 03:01 PM)Darran Wrote:  They did although they were unlucky to do so from what I saw of the game. Certainly they were well in control in extra time but so poor defending allowed Braintree to score from pretty much their only chance.
As you said, they lost their manager to a 'bigger club', York City. Are they capable of another promotion push? Our own experience in that regard didn't turn out too well when JR went to Chesterfield.  It always seems the way when a club is doing well that managers and players leave - you can't blame people for wanting to try their hand elsewhere but contracts don't seem worth anything  when that happens, and on the other hand, if you get the wrong players you're stuck with them if you can't offload them. As we've found out to our cost.

I think Worthing’s bubble might have burst. They did well to maintain momentum after Hinshelwood left for York, but I can’t help thinking that they’re a two-man team: take out the RB (Felix) and the striker (Ollie Pearce) and I wonder what’s left.

(07-05-2024, 04:27 PM)Andrew R Wrote:  I think Worthing’s bubble might have burst. They did well to maintain momentum after Hinshelwood left for York, but I can’t help thinking that they’re a two-man team: take out the RB (Felix) and the striker (Ollie Pearce) and I wonder what’s left.

It's certainly hard to see them hanging on to Pearce in the NLS after his exploits this season.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

I would be gobsmacked if he’s still there next season. No disrespect to Worthing, but he should be playing Step 1 next season.