Painting PAAAARTAAAY!

Thanks to all those who helped today. Great team effort.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

I’ll be scrubbing off this grey paint for the next week. Ground is looking superb.

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

Really enjoyed that. Working together with friends. Well done all. Thanks for pulling it together Dave. Ground looks fantastic.

(05-09-2020, 07:29 PM)SHANDY LOVE MACHINE Wrote:  As well as being one, I now ache like one.

Good to see so many faces down NMP, and some real progress made. I reckon that about half the painting done, so still more work to do if anyone wants it.

I'm going for a long lie down in the shower
Believe me as a ex painter for a lot of year's I feel very envious of you lot painting the big blue boxes?After over ten year's or so of not working because of health problems ,I just can not do it any more?I miss having a laugh with mate's and  really would have liked to help with the work.still I'm still glad to be seeing the work being carried out with this generation of fans?A gain well done and carry on with the good work.

Shandy love machine
Ask Alex or James to sort you a ice bath?it will take the stiff ness away from certain part's???.  LOL.

Well done to everyone that helped, looking a really smart stadium now! Looking forward to see the inside when finished.

Today, I was part of the team that was painting the refreshment kiosk in the away end side of the ground. Still got red paint on my fingers. 
    When I got to New Meadow Park today, the excitement levels were high. Following Alex's Blog, it gives you idea of what to expect. Seeing it for real was awesome. Loved going up the ramp leading up to the ground was great. Get a view of Gloucester Cathedral and you can see the top of St Ann's Bridge. 
     Nice to meet up with familiar faces again. My last game was away at Kettering at the start of March. This has certainly been the strangest, longest off season.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

(05-09-2020, 08:38 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  Believe me as a ex painter for a lot of year's I feel very envious of you lot painting the big blue boxes?After over ten year's or so of not working because of health problems ,I just can not do it any more?I miss having a laugh with mate's and  really would have liked to help with the work.still I'm still glad to be seeing the work being carried out with this generation of fans?A gain well done and carry on with the good work.

Shandy love machine
Ask Alex or James to sort you a ice bath?it will take the stiff ness away from certain part's???.  LOL.

Don't worry about it Jim.

Just concentrate on breathing

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

(05-09-2020, 10:21 PM)Andrew B Wrote:  Loved going up the ramp leading up to the ground was great.

That ramp needs a name. On twitter I suggested Goughie's Passage. Anyone got any better ideas?

Amazing to think the first game will be on Thursday after 13 years and that the last time the ground was painted was just before the flood.

(05-09-2020, 11:16 PM)Neil Wrote:  That ramp needs a name. On twitter I suggested Goughie's Passage. Anyone got any better ideas?

Goughie's Passage ? Lets just go back to the Romans & refer to the ramp as the 'Agg' - Anussi Goughie Glevum  Smile