Hanksy

(12-05-2020, 04:19 PM)Bobby Wrote:  Been our best player for the last few years and a top guy, so gutted to see him go. Our midfield will be weaker without him!

See little point in going full time if it means we lose out on players like Joe. Surely it is better all round to be paying less for players of Joe's quality part-time, than taking the risk on going full time. But I am sure AP knows what he's doing...
From what I can work out we will go into the hydrid mode which is in between part and full time,would imagine there wasn’t enough hours in the week to fit it all in.

(12-05-2020, 04:39 PM)Darran Wrote:  Really will be Rowe's team with only Fab left who he didn't sign. Will be interesting to see who he signs although we could be waiting a while I suspect.
Josh Thomas

It’s a shame to see Joe go. You could tell he loved playing for the club and the fans. He will be difficult to replace. Cough cough Ed Williams cough cough

Hopefully Spence and Zac will be staying to keep the local passion at the club.

(12-05-2020, 04:39 PM)Darran Wrote:  Really will be Rowe's team with only Fab left who he didn't sign. Will be interesting to see who he signs although we could be waiting a while I suspect.

I’m sure you find something to be critical over that. I’d love to put what I really think ........

(12-05-2020, 04:49 PM)MrMatt Wrote:  It’s a shame to see Joe go. You could tell he loved playing for the club and the fans. He will be difficult to replace. Cough cough Ed Williams cough cough

Didn’t Zac have a poor season last year?

(12-05-2020, 04:50 PM)Gladfans Wrote:  

I’m sure you find something to be critical over that. I’d love to put what I really think ........

Only ever been realistic over the players he has signed. Thought McClure and Daly were superb signings. Mensah could be a hell of a signing if he gets his form back. The rest the jury had to be out for. I'm critical when I think it is right to be critical and am positive when I think it is right to do so.

If you want to be a yes man and just happily accept everything this club does then that is up to you.

If you want to put what you really think be my guest.

(12-05-2020, 04:54 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  
(12-05-2020, 04:49 PM)MrMatt Wrote:  It’s a shame to see Joe go. You could tell he loved playing for the club and the fans. He will be difficult to replace. Cough cough Ed Williams cough cough

He didn’t have the best season but I think he can be dangerous on his day and it would be nice to go back to Meadow Park with some local players.

Think you will be disappointed on that front.

(12-05-2020, 03:48 PM)Darran Wrote:  Just the other day the Twitter account called him the best midfielder in the league and now he's been forced to leave.

If we are meant to be working towards a hybrid model why did he have to leave?

Fair to say the news hasn't gone down well on Twitter

No news goes down well on Twitter.  Twitter is just a vessel for people to moan, often seems to serve no practical purpose to me.

(12-05-2020, 05:01 PM)Northern Tiger Wrote:  
(12-05-2020, 03:48 PM)Darran Wrote:  Just the other day the Twitter account called him the best midfielder in the league and now he's been forced to leave.

If we are meant to be working towards a hybrid model why did he have to leave?

Fair to say the news hasn't gone down well on Twitter

No news goes down well on Twitter.  Twitter is just a vessel for people to moan, often seems to serve no practical purpose to me.

Well if it was announcing Joe was staying I'm pretty sure it would have gone down very well.

(12-05-2020, 04:57 PM)MrMatt Wrote:  
(12-05-2020, 04:54 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  

He didn’t have the best season but I think he can be dangerous on his day and it would be nice to go back to Meadow Park with some local players.
I agree that it would be nice but...
The carrot of making a living from football in a new stadium might mean we can get better in that position in affect on the same money ( hourly) but on more hours.Ed Williams is local Smile