Hanksy

Maybe Rowe just wanted rid of him? Maybe Joe didn't want to stay under Rowe? Who knows but I suspect there is more to this than we are being told.

Really sorry to see Joe go.

Thanks for your committment to the cause for the last few years Joe. All the best for your police career.

So reading AP's programme notes its sounds like Hanks wanted more money.

But why be conciliatory one day, then release something that blames him the next?

Guessing others saw Spencer's Tweet today about there always more to things than meet the eye. My guess is that Joe may have wanted more money because he was on so much less than the others who are still with us and thus Alex told him where to go. I know times are tight at the moment, but seems a pretty reasonable ask to me.

Also where is Rowe at the moment? Isn't he the one who decides on what players we have?

(13-05-2020, 10:33 PM)Darran Wrote:  Also where is Rowe at the moment? Isn't he the one who decides on what players we have?

Furloughed I would think, then you aren't supposed to do any work for your employer.

(13-05-2020, 10:36 PM)Lee Wrote:  
(13-05-2020, 10:33 PM)Darran Wrote:  Also where is Rowe at the moment? Isn't he the one who decides on what players we have?

Furloughed I would think, then you aren't supposed to do any work for your employer.

Not even allowed to check your emails! So I'm guessing we won't be signing any players until he comes off furlough then.

(13-05-2020, 10:30 PM)Lee Wrote:  So reading AP's programme notes its sounds like Hanks wanted more money.

But why be conciliatory one day, then release something that blames him the next?
Wouldn’t say he blamed anyone,he just said the truth,he said the players on contract he’s trying to get them to take a pay reduction.
At the end of the day it’s not a great time for players to be negotiating better terms with the uncertainty,imagine we sign/renovate a contract for 500pw and then a wage cap comes in at 350pw,we would be in the brown stuff.
I say good luck to Joe and we move on.

(13-05-2020, 10:38 PM)Darran Wrote:  

Not even allowed to check your emails! So I'm guessing we won't be signing any players until he comes off furlough then.
I would expect/hope he has already identified the players he wants,if not he has the tim atm!

(13-05-2020, 10:52 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  
(13-05-2020, 10:30 PM)Lee Wrote:  So reading AP's programme notes its sounds like Hanks wanted more money.

Wouldn’t say he blamed anyone,he just said the truth,he said the players on contract he’s trying to get them to take a pay reduction.
At the end of the day it’s not a great time for players to be negotiating better terms with the uncertainty,imagine we sign/renovate a contract for 500pw and then a wage cap comes in at 350pw,we would be in the brown stuff.

I doubt that sort of wage cap would come in as it would get messy. My guess is you would have a cap on how much each club could spend on wages based on earnings. Pretty sure Alex did blame him for asking for more money and that's why he left. Obviously we don't know how much he was on compared to the 4 new players, but I bet it was on a fair bit less. Wouldn't be a surprise if all Joe asked for was for his wage to match the others or more representative for the larger wages we are now paying. Seems fair enough for the best midfielder in the league.

(13-05-2020, 10:52 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  

I would expect/hope he has already identified the players he wants,if not he has the tim atm!

Strictly speaking he can't do anything work related at the moment so he actually shouldn't be looking at players right now.

(13-05-2020, 10:57 PM)Darran Wrote:  
(13-05-2020, 10:52 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  

I doubt that sort of wage cap would come in as it would get messy. My guess is you would have a cap on how much each club could spend on wages based on earnings. Pretty sure Alex did blame him for asking for more money and that's why he left. Obviously we don't know how much he was on compared to the 4 new players, but I bet it was on a fair bit less. Wouldn't be a surprise if all Joe asked for was for his wage to match the others or more representative for the larger wages we are now paying. Seems fair enough for the best midfielder in the league.
He’s within his right to ask for more just as the club have the right to say no,the statement about being the best midfielder could have been biased but I cannot comment on that,who’s to say we won’t get a better replacement...

(13-05-2020, 10:57 PM)Darran Wrote:  

Strictly speaking he can't do anything work related at the moment so he actually shouldn't be looking at players right now.
I won’t tell if you don’t.

Gone to Chippenham