Supporters Trust Sponsor a Player

Yeah buy a season ticket

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

(24-07-2023, 08:29 PM)Kengreen Wrote:  Well last season we were attracting 1000 maybe 1500 through the gates , would a fiver a head have broken the bank for some people?.A lot of give reasons why we shouldn't do it but it would win more games than eating a bigger burger.Any better ideas.

In all honesty how many people would be comfortable handing over their hard earned cash to people who have gone on to show no loyalty to the club and the people that paid their wages just a few months later?

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(24-07-2023, 10:44 PM)Neil Wrote:  In all honesty how many people would be comfortable handing over their hard earned cash to people who have gone on to show no loyalty to the club and the people that paid their wages just a few months later?
Yes your right, At least we know most of this years team are playing for the badge( Spencer and Hanks didnt wait around for better offers )

(24-07-2023, 10:56 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Yes your right, At least we know most of this years team are playing for the badge( Spencer and Hanks didnt wait around for better offers )

Because they weren't going to get any better offers?

Just have to look at how much the likes of Darlington and Chester have raised though to see what a huge boost it can be to the budget and if it was to get a better player than Spencer then I'm all for it. If they left at the end of the season then so be it as that is what happens in football.

Could be argued that a season ticket isn't going to just go to the playing budget though so I can see where Ken is coming from. I'm not going to by a season ticket because I wont get to many games, but I would put money into boosting the budget.

(24-07-2023, 10:44 PM)Neil Wrote:  In all honesty how many people would be comfortable handing over their hard earned cash to people who have gone on to show no loyalty to the club and the people that paid their wages just a few months later?

Was no loyalty shown by those players? Or was no loyalty shown by the club? Deals were offered to new players before existing players, many of who weren't offered deals at all.

The budget and quality of team has reduced significantly, so it's not surprising people are voting with their wallets and not buying a season ticket.

Is the budget still based on £10 per spectator as mentioned at the fans' forum? We averaged 950 through the gate last season, but our budget doesn't feel £9500. Happy to be corrected though.

I don't like to be negative, so will point out some positives too: new sponsors boards on the T-End, more Roary, better queueing in the bar, and the improved food offering. All great steps. It just feels like they'll be slightly wasted if the on field performances lead to relegation.

If 950 people pay a tenner and all of that is ploughed into the budget then for starters it’d be 4500 a week as we don’t play at home every week, and also there wouldn’t be anything left to pay the bills. The £10 a head figure would’ve been based on some other fundamental income sources being made more profitable, like food/drink and sponsorship.

(25-07-2023, 08:43 AM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  If 950 people pay a tenner and all of that is ploughed into the budget then for starters it’d be 4500 a week as we don’t play at home every week, and also there wouldn’t be anything left to pay the bills. The £10 a head figure would’ve been based on some other fundamental income sources being made more profitable, like food/drink and sponsorship.

I think that formula is per week rather than per game, so you don’t need to halve it, but it also includes the management, (plus any commitments left over from last season)

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

(25-07-2023, 08:43 AM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  If 950 people pay a tenner and all of that is ploughed into the budget then for starters it’d be 4500 a week as we don’t play at home every week, and also there wouldn’t be anything left to pay the bills. The £10 a head figure would’ve been based on some other fundamental income sources being made more profitable, like food/drink and sponsorship.
I get what you’re saying but Patrick did say it’s £10 per week, not £10 per 2 weeks.

(25-07-2023, 10:21 AM)charlie Wrote:  I get what you’re saying but Patrick did say it’s £10 per week, not £10 per 2 weeks.
I’m pretty sure it was a ‘rule of thumb’ rather than a detailed financial strategy as there as lots of other factors. If you were to apply it to last seasons crowds then how come we were losing money? Those 950 people don’t just need to spend a tenner on a ticket, they will need to spend another tenner on food/drink etc and the food/drink will need to be profitable.

(25-07-2023, 11:01 AM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  I’m pretty sure it was a ‘rule of thumb’ rather than a detailed financial strategy as there as lots of other factors. If you were to apply it to last seasons crowds then how come we were losing money? Those 950 people don’t just need to spend a tenner on a ticket, they will need to spend another tenner on food/drink etc and the food/drink will need to be profitable.

I think it’s a combination of the spend per head being a fraction of Hungerfords tenner a head on food and drink, and our wage bill including management, bonuses and hotel bills etc being a damn site more than £9.5k a week!

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.